So, after the pancake feast that was last night, lent is now upon us! I'm not religious but I always think it's nice to challenge myself and usually give up/ take up something every year. This year I am giving up shopping for makeup, unless it's a repurchase of a product that has run out (and that's only if I don't have anything else already that could take its place). So, I'm not allowed to buy any new makeup until Easter Sunday! It will certainly be a challenge but hopefully I'll save some money and use up some makeup that's been lying around for a while!
Here's a few other things you could give up:
1. Chocolate or sweets (classic!).
2. Crisps or snacking in general.
3. Taking taxis or any form of transport when you could walk.
4. Shopping for clothes/ shoes/ jewellery/ accessories/ makeup (like me!) or all of them!
6. Fizzy Drinks.
7. Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolates.
8. Bread / Pizza / Chips / Bacon Sandwiches / Takeaways.
9. Not watching more than 1-2 hours more of TV a day.
10. Bitching, moaning or complaining.
11. Meat or dairy.
Alternatively, you can TAKE something up for lent instead, such as:
1. Going to the gym/ exercising more (walking is a good one for this as you lose lots of weight and it's easy- just pop your iPod in or phone your mum/ a friend and you won't even realise you're exercising!).
2. Starting a new class, whether it be exercise like yoga or joining a new team/ society at your uni/ college/ local leisure centre OR take up a new hobby that you can do at home.
3. Learn a language (The Duolingo app is brilliant for this; it's actually fun, and you only need to do a couple of minutes a day).
5. Eat 5 portions of fruit/ veg a day.
6. Eat a healthy breakfast everyday.
7. Drink 1.5/ 2 litres of water a day.
8. Post a new blog post every day/ every other day.
9. Read some pages of a book every day (I'm going to do this one too!) such as when you're eating your lunch or before you go to sleep at night.
10. Put £2 away in your savings every day then at the end you'll have a nice treat!
11. Do a kind deed every day or send a kind msg/ txt.
What are you giving up for lent?
I'd love to hear your ideas!