The products that help me out with all the hot weather and hay fever...
- Although this cleanser is an essential product for me all year round, it's even more important to me in the summer because I use it as a face mask as well. My skin was starting to get a bit spotty due to the added summer products like sun cream and the hot weather in general, and this cleanser-mask has really improved it. Once a week I've been putting it on my face and leaving it for about 20 minutes and then rinsing it off with a hot flannel. Since doing this my skin is noticeably clearer. It honestly makes such a difference and my skin always feel so nice and soft after using it. I have quite sensitive, yet spot-prone skin and this cleanser/face mask is one of the best products I've ever had as it is really gentle and non-drying, but it clears up all my spots. So, yes, a definite summer essential for me.
Read about my full skin care routine/ products here.
Price: £19 (buy here)
- The hot weather has called for me to up my body moisturising routine. The sun and extra leg-shaving has dried my skin out a lot, so I've been using Soap and Glory's iconic Righteous Butter to keep my body hydrated and soft. The Righteous Butter is packed with aloe vera and shea butter so is very moisturising. I've been using it for years; it lasts ages and never fails to disappoint. It smells delicious, of that signature sweet Soap and Glory scent, and it's Soap and Glory's best selling product (one is sold every 20 seconds in the UK!) which speaks volumes. Also, how cool is this personalised one that I received?! It's made a staple summer product a little bit special :)
- I've had hay fever all my life but this year it's been the worst I can ever remember it being. My eyes are itchy on a daily basis so by the end of the day they are quite sore and sometimes swollen. I've been using Clinique All About Eyes for years, as has my mum who also suffers from hay fever, and it's never disappointed. It reduces puffiness and is really soothing so is a real treat to put on at night. It's moisturising but not too heavy, as other heavier eye creams have brought me out in milia before (those little bumps that appear under your eyes) so works brilliantly for me.
Price: £26.50 (Buy here)
- I am quite pale and am against hard core sunbathing or sun beds because of the damage it does to your skin so I do have to fake a tan to look brown in the summer. Fake tan gives me confidence and makes me feel better about getting my legs out. I always apply this with a mitt and it's never streaky. Due to the added cocoa butter, it's really moisturising so it can go straight on after shaving and it never looks flakey or dries in pores. The cocoa butter also makes this smell really nice and not like that ordinary fake tan smell. It's easy to apply because it is a tinted colour so you can see where you have put it, and it sinks in quickly. I usually apply it the night before I want it and by morning it has fully developed. The tan is fairly natural but dark enough to be noticeable and can obviously be built up to make it darker if you want it. I'd definitely recommend it :)
Price: £24 (Buy here)
- Following on from my last point, it's nice to have a bit of tan on my face. I LOVE this one from Clarins as you simply add a few drops to your moisturiser and mix it in. I really like this as it means I don't have an extra product on my face making it greasy (my skin can get fairly oily as it is!) as it's just going into my normal moisturiser. Also, I can tailor it to be the colour that I want it to be depending on how many drops I put in. I've been using it for over a year now and think it's fantastic. Plus it lasts ages! Read my full review here.
Price: £19 (Buy here)
- This is brilliant for the summer months as it has SPF 25 in it and it provides a light coverage in place of foundation. I never go on holiday without it as it's brilliant to use during the day. It has added skin care benefits, protects my face from the sun, provides a natural coverage and evens out my skin tone. It's not greasy at all and never breaks me out in spots like sun cream does. See my full review here.
- Carmex has been my favourite lip balm for over a decade now. It works better than any other I have tried. It keeps my lips moisturised and stops them from becoming chapped. It's got the added benefit of SPF15 for the lips in the summer making it even more of an essential for me.
Price: £1.65 (Buy here)
- This setting spray has been a little god-send over the last month. I simply spray it all over my face when I've done all my makeup (including mascara). It dries quickly and the makeup doesn't run or smudge when it gets wet. With all the hot weather we've had (from the UK heat wave to my holiday in Spain) this has kept my makeup in place all day. I was particularly amazed at how it managed to keep my makeup on all day and night for a wedding a couple of weeks ago; I didn't to touch it up once! And it was an absolutely boiling day! I couldn't recommend this highly enough if you're going to an all-day event and want your makeup to stay put.
Price: £21 (Buy here)
- I bought this eyeliner for a wedding as I was worried about my eyeliner smudging during the day. First of all, it is very black (it's not called 'bold' for nothing!) so I tend to use a little bit and then smudge it out on both my upper and lower lash lines. I must say, I've been very impressed with it! It doesn't move or smudge all day and night, despite my eyes watering from contact lenses and hay fever! It honestly performs better than all the high end ones I've tried.
Price: £3.99 (Buy here)
- As I have hay fever my eyes water and itch so waterproof mascara is a summer essential for me, especially when it comes to weddings and events. This Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara is good but I'm not saying it's the best one ever, just the one I decided to try out this summer. It separates the lashes well and holds a good curl so it's great to use as an everyday mascara, although I'd like a bit more volume for an evening do. It has a cone shaped wand which is great for getting in the inner corners of the eye, again separating the lashes and making it look like you have a lot. It doesn't run or flake all day, making it a great summer product.
Price: £22.50 (Buy here)
What do you think of my summer essentials?
What are you summer essentials?
(*) Some of the products have been sent to me to review. All my opinions are my own and will always remain honest. Please see my disclaimer for further details.